Friday, June 19, 2015

Back Online!

It has been an interesting week and I am sorry I have not been able to post recently. One of the recent storms we had took out the cell phone tower that provides out internet service. It was out for a week and then for the past couple of days, I have been pretty busy and did not even have time to check email.

Anyway, I will post a few pictures that I have taken over the past week or so and not write a whole lot this time.

Last Saturday the Haun family took me to Nakpanduri to visit a friend there. On the way we had a flat tire.
Trey Haun admiring the cause of our flat

William Haun starting the process of changing the tire

The whole family Haun

In case you are wondering why I did not help, I actually did. William was not familiar with where everything was and how to use it. And getting the spare down was really a new experience for him. Having done this a number of times during our career in Ghana, I was able to provide instructional assistance, if not much physical assistance.

Yesterday Heidi Haun, the BMC surgeon, went into labor and delivered a beautiful baby girl at the hospital. She was fortunate to have the assistance of some very good midwives. I had the privilege of standing by in case they needed some extra help. Everything went well and Heidi went home shortly after delivering.

Happy family about 7 hours after delivery


 

No comments:

Post a Comment